Terms and conditions for Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace Survey by AIA Vitality.
Participation in Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace Survey by AIA Vitality is subject to these terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time. To view the most up-to-date terms and conditions, check the Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality website.
1. Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality
- Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality is a collaboration between AIA Group and AIA Thailand (AIA). AIA’s Thai academic partner and RAND Europe CIC are academic partners, responsible for designing and running the survey, including analysing data and determining award winners. These terms and conditions govern Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality and may be amended from time to time, and available on the Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality website.
- To participate in Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality, each organisation will need to nominate a representative(s) who has authority to act on its behalf. By registering for Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality, the nominated representatives accept these terms and conditions. By taking part in the Employee Health Assessment, participating employees accept these terms and conditions relating to this initiative.
- Through Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality, we hope to gain a better understanding of the health risks faced by Thai organisations on a longitudinal basis, with specific emphasis on the productivity impact of chronic diseases of lifestyle, as well as to understand how the workplace can be used to change employee lifestyle behaviour. We will also look at the availability of wellness facilities in the workplace and how often employees engage in healthy behaviour and activities.
- For Thai employers, the aim of Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality is to create awareness around their employees’ health, health risks and the overall health risks by specific lifestyle determinants or wellness indicators. Organisations participating in Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality will be provided tailored recommendations to help improve the health risk profile of its employees, provided their organisation achieves the minimum employee participation rate.
2. How organisations can enter
- Organisations must register before 31 May 2019 by completing the online registration form.
- Participation is free. Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality reserves the right to limit participation and/or change the closing date for registration.
- The nominated representatives of each participating organisation will be asked to complete an online Organisational Health Assessment which will ask for details including workforce demographics, and health and wellbeing initiatives that take place within their organisation.
- Participating employees will complete an Employee Health Assessment which will ask questions about their general health, lifestyle behaviours, mental health status, and their work environment. To be eligible for participation, employees must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid and unique email address and internet access. Surveys must be completed by 31 July 2019.
4. Criteria for entry
- Each organisation’s nominated representatives must have authority to act on behalf of their organisation, including to accept these terms and conditions on behalf of their organisation when they register to take part in Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality.
- Participating organisations must have a minimum of 20 employees over the age of 18 years in Thailand with email and internet access to take part in this initiative.
- Employees will be asked to confirm their full work email address to verify their participation.
- By exception only, those employees without a valid and unique work email address may be permitted to use a personal email account.
- To ensure statistical significance of the results, each organisation must attain a minimum employee participation rate in order to receive an Organisational Health Report. The participation rate will be confirmed after registration. Participating organisations will also be asked to confirm the number of individuals that the survey has been distributed to. Only by exception will we allow individual business units of participating organisations to take part independently of their organisation.
- Participating organisations must agree to their representatives being interviewed, videoed and/or photographed. If an organisation is assessed to be a winner or highly commended organisation in any award category, AIA or a third party publication nominated by AIA, may publish its story in print and online.
- AIA may publish the name of winning or highly commended organisations in Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality in any award category. No table or index will be published beyond these placings, however AIA may publish the name of all organisations that participate.
- The Employee Health Assessment should be sent to full-time and part-time employees. It is at the discretion of the participating organisation whether to send the Employee Health
Assessment to short term contractors and temporary staff.
5. Responsibilities of the participating organisation
Each organisation’s nominated representatives will need to:
- Complete the Organisational Health Assessment which will include questions about employee demographics, wellness facilities and how the organisation is investing in the health of its employees.
- Ensure that all employees are able to access the online questionnaire.
- Email employees to notify them of their organisation’s participation in Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality. A template will be provided that outlines:
- The importance of participation; and
- Information around confidentiality of data for those employees who participate.
- Encourage employees to complete the Employee Health Assessment.
- If requested, help to set up interviews with the appropriate organisation spokesperson and arrange photo opportunities in the event that their organisation is recognised as a winning or highly commended organisation in any award category in Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality.
- Make every effort to participate and attend any activities or events in connection with winning an award or receiving recognition, or nominate an appropriate person to attend in their place.
- Employees who submit a completed Employee Health Assessment will receive a Personal Health Report detailing their risk categories and their “AIA Vitality Age” - a tool used to help measure the overall health status of an individual.
- During last quarter of 2019, participating organisations that achieved the minimum employee participation rate will receive an Organisational Health Report based on their employee’s responses to the Employee Health Assessments, which will provide them with an overview of their employees’ wellbeing, as well as unique benchmarking information that can be used to inform future HR and People strategies. The Organisational Health Report will contain employee responses in a consolidated format so that individual responses cannot be matched to personal identifiers.
- The Organisation Health Report, Personal Health Report and Vitality Age (the “Reports”) are provided by RAND Europe CIC on the basis of the information submitted to RAND Europe CIC through the Organisation Health Assessment and Employee Health Assessment. The Reports are not reviewed by medical professionals and are strictly for information purposes only. The Reports do not represent a medical assessment and no reliance can or should be placed on it for these purposes. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on the Reports to the maximum extent permitted by law. The Reports are not intended to and cannot replace qualified medical advice and should not be used for self-diagnosis or treatment. We do not warrant or guarantee that the Reports will be available at all times. We are not liable or responsible for any errors in information submitted in any Employee Health Assessment or Organisation Health Assessment.
- Winning and highly commended organisations will be recognised and announced in the last quarter of 2019. These organisations will be permitted to publicise their achievement.
7. Confidentiality and Data Protection
- Your privacy is important to all those involved with Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality. They follow a number of procedures that enable them to meet their obligations and responsibilities under applicable privacy laws. As the principal contractor running and analysing the Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality surveys, RAND Europe CIC has a data protection policy in place, and requires its staff to sign a statement that they have read and understood this, as well as requiring them to complete annual information security awareness training and sign non-disclosure agreements.
- Organisations’ employee information, Organisational Health Assessment, and Employee Health Assessment responses will be held by RAND Europe CIC and its data collection partner, Survey Sampling UK Limited (SSI), AIA and AIA’s Thai academic partner. However, personally identifiable responses to the survey will only be held and analysed by RAND Europe CIC and SSI. SSI operate within the Market Research Society code of conduct. All data will be held in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- Information submitted through the assessments will be used for the purposes of conducting Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality and for research purposes. Responses will be kept confidential. Any electronic transmission of individually identifiable data will be encrypted.
- The Organisational Health Report will display employee responses in a consolidated format so that individual responses cannot be matched to personal identifiers such as names, post codes, email addresses or dates of birth.
- By entering Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality, organisations and their participating employees agree and give consent to RAND Europe CIC and SSI holding and analysing personal and sensitive information, including health information.
- Findings derived from aggregating all responses may be made publicly available via reports and research articles.
- AIA and any providers of Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality reserve the right to use data from repeat participants to compare data across years. This will only be done for participants who agree to this in the relevant section of the Employee Health Assessment.
- Participants agree to participate in reasonable promotional activities and events surrounding this Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality, and if relevant, the winning of awards or receiving recognition. Each participant consents to their details (excluding personally identifiable responses to the Employee Health Assessments), details about their organisation, and other reasonable information (for example first and last names, voice, image and other remarks made by them) being reproduced, published, communicated, broadcast or shown to the public (including without limitation, electronically and on social media) by AIA and any third party acting on AIA’s behalf, in any media without compensation to the participant, their organisation or any other person. For this purpose, each participant grants to AIA a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, transferable and royalty-free licence to use any intellectual property owned by them.
8. Ending your participation in the initiative
- Organisations and employees can stop participating at any time. We will send participating organisations an Organisational Health Report only if they complete the Organisational Health Assessment and achieve the minimum employee participation rate.
- We reserve the right to vary or end Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality, or amend these terms and conditions at any time by notifying you through Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality. If we amend these terms and conditions, and you are not comfortable with the amendments, you may end your participation in Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality.
9. Questions or comments
- Please contact your organisation’s nominated representative or HR manager if you have any questions regarding your organisation’s participation in Thailand’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality.
- You can also email