Terms and conditions for Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace Survey by AIA Vitality.
Participation in Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace Survey by AIA Vitality is subject to these terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time. To view the most up-to-date terms and conditions, please check the Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality microsite.
1. AIA Vitality Healthiest Workplace
- Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality is a survey in collaboration between AIA Group, AIA Singapore Private Limited (“AIA Singapore”), and RAND Europe CIC. RAND Europe CIC is responsible for designing the survey, running the competition and analysis of survey data.
- By registering for Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality, the organisation’s CEO or HR Director accepts the terms and conditions relating to this initiative on behalf of the organisation. By taking part in the Employee Health Assessment, employees accept the terms and conditions relating to this initiative.
- Through Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality, we hope to gain a better understanding of the health risks faced by Singapore organisations on a long-term basis, with specific emphasis on the productivity impact of chronic diseases of lifestyle, as well as to understand how the workplace can be used to change employee lifestyle behaviour. We will also look at the availability of wellness facilities in the workplace and how often employees engage in healthy behaviour and activities.
- For Singapore employers, the aim of Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality is to create awareness around their employees’ health, health risks and the overall health risks by specific lifestyle determinants or wellness indicators. Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality will provide tailored recommendations to improve the health risk profile of an organisation’s employee population.
2. How employers can enter
- Organisations must register before 31 May 2017 by completing the online registration form.
- Participation is free. Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality reserves the right to limit participation and close the registration process before the published end date.
- Organisations will be asked to complete an online Organisational Health Assessment which will ask for details including workforce demographics, and health and wellbeing initiatives that take place within the organisation.
- Participating employees will complete an Employee Health Assessment which will ask questions about their general health, lifestyle behaviours, mental health status, and their work environment. To be eligible for participation, employees must be at least 18 years of age.
4. Criteria for entry
- The organisation’s CEO or HR director accepts the terms and conditions relating to Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality on behalf of the organisation when they register to take part in the initiative.
- Participating organisations must have a minimum of 50 employees with email access to take part in this initiative.
- Employees will be asked to confirm their full work email address to verify their participation.
- By exception only, those employees without a valid work email address may be permitted to use a personal email account.
- To ensure statistical significance of the results, each organisation must attain a minimum employee participation rate related to its overall population. The participation rate will be confirmed after registration. Participating organisations will also be asked to confirm the number of individuals that the survey has been distributed to. Only by exception will we allow business units of organisations and companies to take part independently.
- Participating organisations must agree to their representatives being interviewed, videoed and/or photographed. If an organisation is assessed to be an overall winner of Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality or as a winner in any of the awards categories, AIA or a third party publication nominated by AIA, may publish its story in print and online.
- AIA may publish the name of any organisation that achieves a winning or highly commended status in the overall Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality competition or in its individual categories. No table or index will be published beyond these placings, but AIA retains the right to name all organisations that participate.
- The Employee Health Assessment should be sent to full-time and part-time employees. It is at the discretion of the participating organisation whether to send to short term contracted and temporary staff.
5. Responsibilities of the participating organisation
The organisation’s representative (CEO or HR director) should:
- Complete the Organisational Health Assessment which will include questions about employee demographics, wellness facilities and how the organisation is investing in the health of its employees.
- Ensure that all employees are able to access the online questionnaire.
- Email employees to notify them of the organisation’s participation in the initiative. A template will be provided that outlines:
- The importance of participation
- Explicit guarantees around confidentiality of data for those employees who participate
- Encourage employees to complete the Employee Health Assessment within the deadline.
- Help to set up interviews with the appropriate organisation’s spokesperson and arrange photo opportunities in the event that the organisation is one of the winning or highly commended organisations in Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality or any sub-award category.
- Make every effort to send a representative of the organisation to attend any awards function or nominate an appropriate person to attend in their place.
- Employees who submit completed Health Assessments will each receive a Personal Health Report detailing their risk categories and their "Vitality Age" - a tool used to measure the overall health status of an individual.
- From September 2017 onwards, qualifying organisations will receive an Organisational Health Report which will provide them with a holistic view of their employees’ wellbeing, as well as unique benchmarking information that can be used to inform future HR and People strategies.
- The Organisation Health Report, Personal Health Report and Vitality Age (the “Reports”) are provided by RAND Europe CIC on the basis of the information submitted to RAND Europe CIC through the Organisation Health Assessment and Employee Health Assessments. The Reports are not reviewed by medical professionals and are strictly for information purposes only. The Reports do not represent a medical assessment and no reliance can or should be placed on the Reports for these purposes. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on the Reports to the maximum extent permitted by law. The Reports are not intended to and cannot replace qualified medical advice and should not be used for self-diagnosis or treatment. We do not warrant or guarantee that the Reports will be available at all times. We are not liable or responsible for any errors in information submitted in any Employee Health Assessment or Organisation Health Assessment.
- The winning or highly commended organisations in each category will be published both online and in print.
- Winning and highly commended organisations (the winning or highly commended in all award categories) will be recognised at an awards event. These organisations will be permitted to publicise their achievement.
7. Confidentiality and Data Protection
- The organizations involved in Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality, namely AIA Group, AIA Singapore, RAND Europe CIC and Survey Sampling UK Limited (SSI), are particularly concerned with data protection. They are fully committed to protect any personal information collected from organisations or employees. They follow a number of procedures that enable them to meet their obligations and responsibilities under applicable privacy laws. As the principal contractor running and analysing the Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality surveys, RAND Europe CIC has a data protection policy in place, and requires its staff to sign a statement that they have read and understood this, as well as requiring them to complete annual information security awareness training and sign non-disclosure agreements.
- Organisations’ employee information, Organisational Health Assessment, and Employee Health Assessment responses will be held by RAND Europe CIC and its data collection partner, SSI. SSI operate within the Market Research Society code of conduct. Any personal details will not be shared with any other party than RAND Europe CIC. All data will be held strictly in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- All information submitted through the assessments will be used only for research purposes. Responses will be kept confidential and will not in any way be used to identify individuals. Any electronic transmission of individually identifiable data will be encrypted.
- The Organisational Health Report will display employee responses in a consolidated format so that individual responses cannot be matched to personal identifiers such as names, residential addresses, email addresses or dates of birth.
- AIA Group and/or AIA Singapore will only receive the survey results in an anonymous and consolidated format and will not have access to any personal data of survey participants.
- By participating in Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality, organisations and their employees agree and give consent to RAND Europe CIC and SSI holding and analysing sensitive personal and health information.
- All communication from Singapore’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality to employees will deal only with the research initiative.
- Findings derived from aggregating all responses will be made publicly available via reports and research articles.
- AIA reserves the right to use data from repeat participants to compare data across years. This will only be done for participants who agree to this in the relevant section of the Employee Health Assessment.
8. Ending your participation in the initiative
- Organisations and employees can stop participating at any time, without any benefit or disadvantage. We will send organisations an Organisational Health Report only if they complete the Organisational Health Assessment and achieve the minimum employee response rate for the Employee Health Assessment.
- We reserve the right to end the initiative at any time at our discretion without liability to any party.
9. Questions or comments
- Your CEO or HR director has approved your organisation’s participation in this initiative. Please contact your HR department if you have any questions.
- You can also email