- Developed by AIA Group, Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality is delivered in partnership with AIA Group, AIA Malaysia and RAND Europe.
- Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality is a science backed workplace survey in the region. Participating organisations will gain a better understanding of the health risks affecting their employees, how this changes over time, and the associated impact on health and productivity. With specific recommendations for improvement, the research will show organisations how to support employees to be healthier and more productive in the workplace.
- Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace Survey by AIA Vitality will give employers a more comprehensive understanding of the health issues faced with specific emphasis on the productivity impact of chronic lifestyle diseases, as well as understanding how the workplace can be used to change the lifestyle behaviours of employees. The survey also looks at how often employees engage in healthy activities and behaviours, and will consider the availability of wellness facilities in the workplace.
- For local employers, the goal of the survey is to foster an awareness around employees’ health, as well as to consider the risks to their health as posed by specific lifestyle determinants or wellness indicators. Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality will provide bespoke recommendations for individual organisations to improve the health risk profile of employees.
- For employees, participating in Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality will give them an overview of their health and wellbeing in terms of lifestyle, clinical indicators, mental health, and stress. Each participating employee will receive a personal report detailing their unique AIA Vitality Age, key lifestyle and health risks and suggestions for improvements.
Register before 31 May 2019 by completing the online registration form. Participation is free of charge. Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality reserves the right to limit participation and close the registration before the published end date.
Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality is open to organisations with a minimum of 20 employees in Malaysia. There is no maximum number set. All participating employees must have access to email, in order to take part in the Employee Health Assessment as this is an online survey.
Participants must be 18 years old and above to participate.
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions
for further information.
The final day to register for Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace 2019 is 31 May 2019.
- Once you have registered your organisation, you as the authorised representative of your organisation should complete the Organisational Health Assessment which includes questions about employee demographics, leadership culture, the work environment, and health and wellbeing initiatives currently in place.
- It is important to note that all employees need email access in order to complete the online questionnaire. The Employee Health Assessment will ask them questions about their general health, lifestyle behaviours, mental health status, and their work environment.
- As employer, you should email your employees to notify them of your organisation’s participation in the initiative and encourage them throughout the survey process to take part. A template will be provided that outlines:
- The importance of participation.
- Explicit guarantees around the confidentiality of data for those who participate.
- As employer, you should encourage your employees to complete the Employee Health Assessment. Each employee who does so will receive a Personal Health Report detailing their categories of risk and their “AIA Vitality Age”, which is a tool used to measure the overall health status of an individual as well as their key lifestyle and health risks and suggestions for improvements
- As this is a workplace survey, only the CEO, Head of HR, HR Manager or equivalent who is endorsed by the Head of HR or CEO can register for the Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality.
- Once your organisation has registered to take part in Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality, you will receive full details of the process, as well as the survey links to both the Organisational Health Assessment and Employee Health Assessment to help you engage and encourage your employees to participate.
- You should be prepared to set up interviews with a spokesperson for the organisation and arrange photo opportunities in the event that your organisation is among the Top 3 Organisations in Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality 2018 or any sub-category award.
- It is important that you make every effort to attend any awards event or nominate an appropriate person from your company to attend.
- Registration is open until 31 May 2019. Surveys will start from May 2019 and it can be completed until end June 2019. AIA will reveal the survey findings as well as announce the winners’ names by end 2019 at the Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace Summit 2019.
- At the Summit, qualifying organisations will receive their Organisational Health Report, which will provide them with an overall view of their employees’ health and wellbeing profile as well as the organisation’s overall productivity measured by their employees’ absence and presenteeism.
- Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality reserves the right to publish the names of the top performing organisations.
- Winning or highly commended organisations will be recognised at the awards event and allowed to publicise their achievements.
Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace Survey by AIA Vitality gives your organisation an effective way to measure and manage the health risks within your company, and provides an understanding of how these risks impact employee productivity and engagement. Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace Survey by AIA Vitality also offers practical recommendations on how to manage these risks.
Each participating organisation (of over 20 employees) receives a confidential bespoke Organisational Health Report, with an overall view of employees’ wellbeing and unique benchmarking information to direct future HR and People strategies.
For employees, participating in Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality will give them an overview of their health and wellbeing in terms of lifestyle, clinical indicators, mental health, and stress. Each participating employee will also receive a personal report detailing their unique “AIA Vitality Age”.
Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality is brought to you by AIA in partnership with RAND Europe CIC.
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) is the local academic partner working with AIA and RAND Europe to provide academic advisory as well as to validate the survey questionnaire and findings.
Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality reserves the right to name all participating companies.
All those involved with Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality are fully committed to compliance with Malaysia’s Personal Data Protection Act 2010, having a legal duty to protect any information collected from organisations or employees. They follow a number of procedures that enable them to meet their responsibilities and obligations under the local regulations of Malaysia. For more information, please refer to the
Terms and Conditions of Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality which set out more details on Confidentiality and Data Protection.
- Organisations’ employee information, Organisational Health Assessment, and Employee Health Assessment responses will be held by RAND Europe CIC and its data collection partner Research Now Ltd, trading as Dynata. Dynata operate within the Market Research Society code of conduct. Any personal details will not be shared with any other party than RAND Europe CIC. All data will be held strictly in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Information submitted through the assessments will be held for research purposes only. All responses will be kept confidential and will not be used in any way to identify individuals. Any electronic transmission or individually identifiable data will be encrypted.
- The Organisational Health Report will display employee responses in a consolidated format so that individual responses cannot be identified or matched to names, email addresses or dates of birth.
- The survey results will be shared with the sponsors of Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace Survey by AIA Vitality in an anonymous and consolidated format and no sponsor will have access to personal employee data.
- By entering Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace Survey by AIA Vitality, organisations and their employees agree and give consent to RAND Europe holding and analysing sensitive personal data and health information.
- Findings derived from aggregating all responses will be made publicly available via reports and research articles.
- In the future, the sponsors of Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality reserve the right to use the data from repeat participants to compare data across the years. This will only apply to those participants who agree to this in the relevant section of the Employee Health Assessment.
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions
for further information.
- Your Organisational Health Report will be compiled from the data provided by your employees and organisation. Recommendations on how to improve the health and productivity of your employees will be made on the strength of this report.
- In addition, your results will be used to compile research on the health of Malaysia’s employees and workplaces. In time, this research will help develop a set of industry norms for participating markets and Asia region that can be tracked.
- The Organisational Health Report will display employee responses in a consolidated format so that individual responses cannot be matched to personal identifiers.
No. All information submitted through this initiative will be used for the purposes of Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality research only.
Participation in Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality is free.
To participate, organisations must have a minimum of 20 employees with email access. By exception only, those employees without a valid work email address may be permitted to use a personal email account.
Kindly refer to the awards selection criteria as below:
Malaysia’s Healthiest Employees
The Malaysia’s Healthiest Workplace survey uses the scientific measure of “AIA Vitality Age”, which measures all aspects of health, including exercise, nutrition and stress, to calculate a person’s ‘health’ age as a comparison to their chronological age. The Healthiest Employees award is conferred to the winning company of which their workforce is considered healthiest, measured by the average difference between AIA Vitality Age and actual age. This category is based on the survey responses received from the employees of the participating organisations.
Malaysia’s Healthiest Employer
The Healthiest Employer award is conferred to the winning company which has the best weighted score based on the provision and use of facilities, company culture, including employee usage of facilities and the overall nature of the work environment. This category is based on the inputs shared by both the employer and employees of the participating organisations.
Malaysia’s Healthiest Employer
This award is conferred to the winning company which has the highest average score from the Healthiest Employer and Healthiest Employees categories, each being given equal weight.
Malaysia’s Most Improved Workplace
This award is conferred to the winning company which has the highest average score of the most improvements made in their performance since 2018.
If you have any queries, please email our support team at